Responsable de la mention : Damien Lemarchand
École et observatoire des sciences de la Terre (EOST)5, rue René Descartes
67084 STRASBOURG CEDEX
Formulaire de contact
Contenus et types d'enseignement
- Langue du parcours :Anglais
- ECTS :120
- Volume horaire TPTDCICM
- Formation initialeFormation continue
- ApprentissageContrat de professionnalisation
- Stage : durée (en semaines):18
Objectifs du programme
The program combines training in advanced aspects of Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry requiring a strong background in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Programming. This training is provided by seasoned Professors and Assistant Professors from Strasbourg and Rennes-1 Universities and supplemented by specialist courses by professionals and experts.
Compétences à acquérir
As no field in the Geosciences can be understood alone, we guide students to integrate all the knowledge and skills they acquire and apply them to analyze and solve practical Geoscience problems in a project-oriented framework. Our aim is to train well-rounded Geoscientists and Geophysicists with strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
What are the skills of an UFAZ Geoscience Master's graduate?
- They possess a strong theoretical, numerical, and practical background in the Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology, and Geochemistry).
- They possess the geoscience and physics insights and the mathematical skills required to deepen this background in any geoscience speciality, either through in-house industry training, further academic training, or self-learning.
- They can apply this knowledge and these skills to solving new geoscience problems, pulling together insights from different fields if necessary.
- They can communicate effectively in English (and also in French for some students), allowing worldwide geographic mobility.
- They can work effectively in teams within a multi-cultural environment.
Stage et projet tutoré
This internship shall be drawn up the writing of a report and an end-of-training defense.
UFAZ Education Departmenteducation@ufaz.az
See application process and entrance exam details here : https://www.ufaz.az/en/admissions/admission-for-masters-degrees/.
International applicants :
We can accept at most 8 international students per year into the UFAZ Master's program (which has 3 specialities, one of which is Geoscience), and the tuition fee for international students is 5000 $. The program is taken exclusively at the Baku UFAZ campus (two completely renovated buildings within walking distance of the city center). International students will be offered accommodation here http://www.univerium.az/ unless they wish to make their own plans for accommodation. The deadlines for international applications have not yet been finalised. The application process will be on the basis of a written application complete with CV, cover letter, grades from bachelor program etc. There may also be an interview. Please take a look at the equivalent process for the UFAZ bachelor program here : https://www.ufaz.az/en/admissions/international-students/. You may use the contact address on that page to let the UFAZ administration know you would be interested in applying and are waiting for the procedure for international applicants to be published to send in your application.
- Physics (continuum mechanics, fluid mechanics, wave propagation in elastic media, electromagnetic phenomena, potential fields);
- Geology (stratigraphy, plate tectonics, mineralogy, petrology, sedimentology);
- Chemistry (architecture and transformation of matter, chemical equilibria, the thermodynamics of chemical reactions).
MASTER - Sciences de la Terre et des planètes, environnement
We expect the remaining third of students to pursue their education with a doctoral program in Azerbaidjan or abroad.
Programme des enseignements
Geology and georesources 1 - 12 ECTS
Transversal tools - 6 ECTS
Data analysis and modeling 1 - 12 ECTS
Geology and georesources 2 - 9 ECTS
Hydrosystems - 9 ECTS
Data analysis and modeling 2 - 12 ECTS
Fluid and mineral resources - 12 ECTS
Geological structures characterization - 9 ECTS
Data analysis and modeling 3 - 9 ECTS